Bio

Nashville based, Williamson Branch, is a high energy, high steppin’ show that features a fine-tuned variety of bluegrass, gospel and country music, accentuated by world class Appalachian clog dancing. As Pinecastle recording artists, this family fills every performance with memorable moments of love and laughter. In recent years audiences from Canada to the Cayman Islands, Maine to the Mexican border have thrilled to the soaring vocal harmonies and sparkling personalities of Williamson Branch!

"This high energy stage show features the magic of pitch perfect, organic family harmony!" The Southern Illinoisan

Kevin Williamson, recently nominated for Bluegrass Entertainer of the Year,  has been playing music professionally for 35+ years. He has worked with the bluegrass bands, Glenn Duncan & Phoenix, Dave Evans & River Bend, The Country Gentlemen, and Farm Hands Quartet. Kevin was also a founding member of Redwing and Shadow Ridge. He provides Williamson Branch with driving rhythm guitar, Bluegrass Award winning & Grammy-nominated songwriting expertise, and lonesome lead & harmony vocals. Kevin says one of his most memorable musical experiences was playing guitar and singing with The Father of Bluegrass, Bill Monroe in the early 90's, in a small club near Nashville. "Monroe did a guest spot most Wednesdays. As young, long-haired picker, I sang with him there many times. But, one night, as I finished a song he  grinned at me and said, 'You sing purty good there, boy.' to which I replied, 'Thank you Mr. Monroe.' He then said, 'you might have to come play the guitar with me.' I smiled and said, I might just cut my hair and come do that.' He grinned again and said, 'I'll cut it for ya!' The crowed then roared with delight."

Debbie Williamson has been performing for almost 20 years. Also a founding member of the band, Shadow Ridge, Debbie brings sweet lead & harmony vocals to Williamson Branch, along with her solid mandolin rhythm. The Baltimore Sun described her voice as, "cool and sweet as a mountain stream", and they were right. Debbie was also born to play the role of momma,and she does it well, shepherding her children at home and on the road. She fervently believes that 99% of the problems within the human condition can be cured by water - either sitting beside it or drinking it. The other 1%, according to Debbie, are easily dealt with by drinking Gatorade. Momma knows.





Melody Williamson is a fiddle & singing phenomenon at 19 years-old.  She (as with the other Williamson girls) has been performing on stage since she was two. Her original song, There's No Country Here, has over half a million views on several internet sites and climbed to #15 on the independent country radio charts. Melody is now an alum of the International Bluegrass Music Associations, Kids on Bluegrass and she's also listed in the honorary group, Tomorrow's Bluegrass Stars. Her voice has a beautiful quality that is a rare gift in one so young. Melody has won many awards for both her fiddling and her dancing. She was also voted by the other members of Williamson Branch as, Most Likely to Sleep Through a Hurricane.




 

 

Kadence Williamson, at 15, sings the harmonies that are too high for anyone else in Williamson Branch. She is also a marvelous bass player. Her ukelele bass, or Ubass, is the ideal size for her. With her bass, she provides the perfect punch for the group she's a champion clog dancer, Kadence is one of about twenty youth from across the nation to be featured in the International Bluegrass Music Association's, Kids on Bluegrass showcase and she is also a member of the honorary group Tomorrow's Bluegrass Stars. Kadence' primary gift is her ability to meet people one on one. Often at her concerts, you can find Kadence minding the merchandise table, using that gift. When she grows up, Kadence would like to work with animals. For now, she just collects cats - at one time she had 10.



Caroline Williamson is 9. She can already play the fiddle, clog-dance and she has been singing harmony since she was 3. Lately Caroline has been winning audiences with her sassy version of Loretta Lynn's, You Ain't Woman Enough. Also a member of Tomorrow's Bluegrass Stars, Caroline has been playing Ukulele lately for Williamson Branch. Additionally, she plans to learn to play mandolin and guitar but her official job description with the band is, show stealer! 
 





**Kevin & his girls can bring their music into your school, pre-school, library or childrens' church program.  Performing as Kevin Kidd, Kevin uses music to teach character in a fun & exciting show.  Take a look at our alter-ego website: www.kevinkidd.com   Our two performances make a great package!  Ask us about doing a concert for your kids AND your grown-ups! 615-545-3526

580913 433637953347410 1072769460 n